Thursday, May 21, 2009

DM Post: Riddles Encountered in Game

Here are the riddles that the party has had to solve thus far throughout the course of the game:

1) Brown I am and much admired;
Many horses have I tired;
Tire a horse and worry a man;
Tell me this riddle if you can.

Saddle

2) Two bodies I have,
Though both joined in one.
The stiller I stand,
The faster I run.

Hourglass

3) It increases and decreases,
Yet no one see it.
It is not a fire,
And yet it can be quenched.

Thirst

4) What is that which is not among all the things
that Earth, the nurse, brings forth,
nor the sea,
nor has any growth in its limbs like that of things mortal,
yet in the time of its earliest begotten generation is largest,
but at its midmost height is small,
and at old age itself is again largest in shape and size?

Shadow

5) What king can you make if you take
the head of a lamb
the middle of a pig
the hind of a buffalo
and the tail of a dragon?

Lion

6) He has married many women,
but has never been married.
Who is he?

Priest

7) I am up when you are down
Look hard and you may see a clown
Most times I am blue
But that does not always hold true
You look up at me when you pray
I am never very far away
But I'm not something you can touch
Do you know what I am,
or is this too much?

Sky

8) I have no particular shape or size,
I am usually dark and I am often used to disguise,
Within me people may hide,
Yet I am always near your side.

Shadow

9) What has 1 eye but can't see?

Needle

10) I'm in a zoo
But not in a jungle
I rarely come in pairs
But I'm in every puzzle
Some think I'm in a xylophone
But, I most certainly am not
You don't see me with a loan
But very strangely in a zealot
I'm in the magical prison of Azkaban
Well, can't you see?
I'm in the buzz of a fan
But, my oh my what could I be?

The letter Z

11) Often talked of, never seen,
Ever coming, never been,
Daily looked for, never here,
Still approaching, coming near,
Thousands for its visit wait,
But alas for their fate,
Tho' they expect me to appear,
They will never find me here.

Tomorrow

12) Never stopping and always moving forward,
You can not see, taste, smell, hear, or touch me,
Yet you can feel my effects.
What am I?

Time

13) I have two arms and a back,
Supported by four legs.
But there is something I do lack,
Actually, I have no eyes to see.
I also cannot move around,
Or at least, not on my own.
Unfortunately I can make no sound,
Except perhaps a squeak.
If you chop off my head,
You are left with a hair.
If you chop off my tail,
Only tea is left there.
One more clue I will add,
Is that you often use me.
Yet you barely ever notice,
In fact I'd much rather be a tree.

Chair

14) I am tall when I am young.
I am short when I am old.
When I live I glow.
From your breath I die.
What am I?

A candle

15) I'm called by three letters
Though I have a long name.
I'm in all of you,
But I'm never the same.
I'm all coiled up
So that I am quite small,
But if you stretch me out
I'll be really tall.
I could be the root
Of certain disease;
If man can unlock me
He'll solve many mysteries.

DNA

16) I was carried into a dark room
and set on fire.
Then I started to weep.
What am I?

A Candle

17) I have no voice, yet I speak to you;
I tell of all things in the world that people do.
I have leaves, but I am not a tree.
I have a spine and hinges,
but I am not a man or a door;
I have told you all, I cannot tell you more.

A Book

18) I may be high
I'm not real low
Sometimes fast
Sometimes slow
You can't reach me
But you can see me

Clouds

19) A group of four brothers did travel the land,
with only one steed shared among the whole band.
Though always surefooted, no matter the weather,
their mount would go lame if they didn't ride together.
When one of the brothers was thrown and misplaced,
he was left where he lay and was quickly replaced.
When the ride became old and the brothers not needed,
to a game for all ages they simply retreated.
When many a player would fling them about,
and ringing a post was the victory shout.

Horseshoes

20) Castles may rise and castles may fall
Soldiers will fight and stand tall
Lords of war are enjoying the kill
Not really caring about lives they spill
Winners take all, winners are brave
But in this war they are buried in a grave

Chess

21) I give you life,
but I cause you strife.
If you feel my breath,
I'll give you death.
I keep away the dark,
but I also make darkness.
If you examine me,
I'll be hard to see.

The Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment